Re: [ST] Tire break-in (was Battlax BT020 and the rain)

You want "heat cycles"????
I have never heard of wanting to heat cycle a tire. I doubt that it makes any
difference to a pure street tire like the BT020, but high performance tires and
race tires to NOT improve with heat cycles.
Tire break in has less to do with mileage then with how you ride the break in
miles. Less then 20 miles of twisty road will completely break in any tire. But
straight freeway may never get the edges scrubbed in.
Racers break in new tires in one lap.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:22:37 -0700 (PDT), Bryce wrote:

>generally 100 miles or so, but heat cycles are as big
>a deal, don't just do 100 miles straight with out a
>few heat up/cool down cycles.
>
>Bryce
>--- He Fei-Bao <feibao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Unless there is something sublte that I'm not seeing
>> they are indeed
>> mounted correctly, and I check the air pressure each
>> week to ensure
>> that they're OK and set to 36F/42R.

[snip]