[ST] Out of fuel...now, 'engine' light.

I sent the following yesterday, but it didn't appear
to go out to the list.  I'll try again; sorry if you
see it twice.

- -Aron

- -----

Hi all,

I managed to, um...empirically determine the maximum
tank range of my 2000 RS tonight.  Less
_sophisticated_ types might call it running the tank
dry.

Happily, I was less than half a mile from the gas
station at the time, so I pushed it up and filled the
tank.  It started on the first crank once refueled,
but in order to express its dissatisfaction at the
situation, the bike is now dejectedly illuminating its
'engine malfunction' light.

So:
 - Is there a way to retrieve and interpret the error
code without the use of a TuneBoy?
 - Is there a way to clear the fault without the use
of a TuneBoy?
 - Will the light go off after some time if the source
of the problem goes away?
 -OR-
 - Am I stuck going to the dealer (or getting a
TuneBoy) to take care of the situation?

Any idea what the likely fault is?

Thanks again,
Aron