Re: [ST] Fuel fittings recall - getting mine put on today

In a previous email, triumph1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx stated:
> Waiting for a letter, to prove a point, is an option, but why not be
> proactive and set up the swap yourself unless you relish the idea of
> potentially burning up at speed or a stop light.

OK folks. I'm constantly reading about Triumphs bursting into flames
because of the fuel connectors. Has anyone out there had this happen to
them? Does anyone have any second hand knowledge of this happening?
Don't bother with the "my brother who doesn't ride works with this guy
that knows someone...." You might as well just say "It must be true. I
read it on the internet!"

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he
hasn't the slightest intention of putting it into practice."
            -- Otto von Bismarck