RE: [ST] RE: Avon wobble(was good freeway tires?)

<<
What kind of mileage are you getting out of the Azaro ST45 & 46? I currently
running Pilot Road after going through 3 rears and 2 fronts of Metzeler
Sportec M-1. Looking like I'll get about the same mileage out of these that
I did with the 3 sets of Bridgestone BT-020's I'd gone through. Those were
good for about 8,000 miles per pair, with perfectly even wear front to rear.
The Pilot Road does seem to have a MUCH better stick, though I was never
unhappy with the Bridgestones until the day I dropped the bike with 23 miles
on a new set. THOSE tires do come awfully slippery out of the box! The M-1's
were awesome, especially for the track days I do a couple of times each
year. I just couldn't afford to swap them out with rears lasting about 4800
miles and fronts about 6400. If the Azaros are any better life than Pilot
Roads, I'll give them a try.

Unfortunately I lost my records on when the first set went on.  Best guess
though, was about 8k miles on the rear when I changed it.  The front lasted
another 2k miles or so beyond that.  One of my favorite things about the
Avons, especially over the Bridgestones, is there is NO cupping for me.  The
BT020's, and the BT010, I've tried all cupped badly under me.  The Avons
look to be the same radius, just worn down, as new when I'm done with them.
I can't guarantee they'll go any longer than the Pilot Roads, haven't tried
them.  But I think it's safe to say they'll go about the same distance.  I
did a trackday at a wet Gateway on fairly new Avon's and had a wonderful
time.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

End of st-digest V2004 #469