[ST] Re: Scotst filters

<<
I've been considering this Scotts re-usable filter for some time now:

http://www.scottsonline.com/index.php

Anyone have any experience, testimonials/condemnations, or opinions
about these (or the concept)?  Sounds like the filter media is
superior, the carved billet aluminum is gorgeous, and it would have
already paid for itself (31K mi now)...

BTW, I phoned Scotts about the strap-wrench (included) that's
pictured.  They've now fluted the housing end (at least on the
Triumph 955 applications) to use a standard end-cap, which I believe
is included.

Mike

There is alot of discussion of the Scotts metal filter system on the
dirtbike boards(thumpertalk, ktmtalk, etc) I've been frequenting.  Many LOVE
them.  Some are still not sure how really good they could be compared to the
good old paper filter.  I will say that dirtbikes get their oil changed alot
more frequently than streetbikes.  So that could be helping the metal
filters work.  Dunno.  I'm not sold on the idea, especially with such a high
buy in.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen