Re: [ST] New Engine

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: [ST] New Engine

>I don't know, but I'd call a blimp (balloon) isolation.  An as far as O2
>goes, why have I seen signs like no smoking oxygen in use?  And at the end
>of one of the Halloween movies they blew up Michael Myers up in a hospital
>by opening the O2 valves and tossing a lighter.

Oxygen is an accelerator.  Burning is "oxidation". Anything that  burns will
burn substancially faster, hotter, fiercer in an oxygen atmosphere.
Ask NASA about oxygen fires.
Think about a gas cutting torch, if you light the acetylene side you get a
weak, sooty flame. Start adding oxygen and what happens ?
combustion efficiency improves, flame gets brighter and much hotter , add
enough oxygen and the flame is hot enough to cut steel.

Don't believe everything you see at the movies. =8*)

Jim L
00RS