Re: [ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #677

phsammut@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> manual for 10 minutes, this sort of thing will continue.  We somehow have
> to instill into the culture that operating a vehicle (2,4 or 18-wheeled) is
> like carrying a loaded gun that can go off if we lose concentration and
> that if that does happen we will be punished the same way as if we had
> discharched the weapon.  I'll stop ranting, now.

Paul,

You've got a big mountain to climb. I completely agree with you. But
sadly, there are more of them then us, they vote, so the politicians are
going after the only voices they feel they can, make the cars safer.

Virtually, no collision in an accident, period. Short of space shuttle
debris landing on you, if a vehicle hits something or goes of the road
the person behind the wheel could have prevented the collision.

And your right, once we make people accountable for their own actions,
others may listen. Until then, the "it's wasn't my fault" culture we now
have will continue to flourish.

best regards,
Tom

- --