Re: [ST] Re: Selling my ST

Nathan Maher wrote:
> I personally feel that the best deals out there are usually the Triumph demo
> bikes.

Personally, I wouldn't go that route based on what I witnessed this past
spring. When the demo truck was at Jack Trebour Triumph in NJ I saw a
woman with a very short inseam drop the Speed Triple in the parking lot
upon returning from the ride. She wasn't watching what she was doing.
She had to stop quick and she couldn't flat foot it. This is the same
woman that dropped her helmet in the parking lot as she was putting it
on before the ride.

Two weeks later I was talking to one of the sales people at Freehold
Triumph. He told me that when the truck arrived at their place (the day
before the S3 drop) they wheeled a trashed Daytona off the truck and
into their shop. It had gone down hard at the previous stop. Based on
just those two incidents I wondered how many times things like this
happen to the bikes on the demo truck or to the demo bikes that the
dealer has.

When it comes to bikes I feel that there are way too many variables as
well as idiots out there to entrust my butt flying down the road on just
small pieces of rubber. If I was an ace mechanic I would probably not
mind a used bike because I would know exactly what to look out for.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"