Re: [ST] Re: Selling my ST

>>Perhaps because I've never had the pleasure, I can't see why anyone
would buy new.<<

Gavin, the logic works like this:
* Sprint facing major service (outrageous Triumph service prices)
* Rego/Insurance due
* Tyres knackered
* Chain and sprockets due for replacement soon
* Possible oil consumtion problem
* Warranty close to expiry

Given these factors the choice to keep or trade for new becomes a little
easier.  Taking into account the 'hit' that the slimey dealer will provide on
the trade-in value, you still come out ahead by selling at *the right time* so
to speak.  Assest value drops dramatically after factory warranty expires for
example.  You reach a point where you either keep it for the long term or trade
for new (this varies according to what type of vehicle it is), there is no time
to procrastinate, a few months/ kilometers later can cost you thousands.
Sentiment is another consideration, if you have grown attached to the steed for
whatever reason it's probably foolish to sell and regret later - as I did with
my beloved BSA :(

Mick in Aus