Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:12:33 +0100
From: Dutch Viffer <vfr-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: VFR List <vfr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Traxxion

I just spend emailing back and forth with Mike Hardy from Traxxion about their
valves. Unfortunately, they don't ship them seperately and I am not about to
ship my forks to the other side of the world.

However, they will be coming with a new product in the next coming weeks: the
Traxxion Cartridge. Let me quote some of the info:

"We do have a new product coming out in the next couple of weeks that
will change that.  We are going to have a complete drop in cartridge
that we will be selling for the DIY folks.  The new Axxion Cartridge
will have all of our Axxion Compression and Rebound Valves already
installed and ready to go.
The kit will include a set of 20mm cartridges, springs suited for
your weight, oil, all the tools needed, and detailed instructions for
installation.  Our Axxion Kit will be $999.95USD. If you are
interested in the cartridge kit please let me know and I will see if
I can get you set up on our discount list."

Pricey, but as I am Dutch, I am always in for a discount, so I asked a little
further:

"Yes, we will have a set up for your VFR.  The way we have designed the
cartridge it will be able to work in almost any bike with little to no
modifications.  Some bikes may require a new valve holder but it will not
be expensive or difficult to swap.  Your VFR has pretty standard Showa forks
so it will not be a problem at all.
What we are doing right now is offering the first 10 street guys of
specific model bikes who put a $100USD deposit down a 10% discount.  So you
would get the Axxion Cartridge kit for $899.95.  The VFR market is certainly on
the top of the list so I will extend that same offer to you and the VFR
riders. I would love to get some feedback from some of the forums you are a
member of.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks!"

That's already a big chunk off, and since the euro is so strong at the moment
compared to the dollar (sorry guys), I bit the bullit and went for it. This is
the only way for me to get a decent fork rework, so I feel it is worth it.

As this is a drop in replacement that is already set up for you, it is very easy
for the DIY rider that doesn't want or can't send his forks over. And Traxxion
claims you can reuse it for a next bike too. The tools included in the package
are already worth about $100, so in all it is not that different from what you
pay when you send your forks in.

Anyway, as he basically extends his discount to my fellow VFR riders, I'd
thought I'd post it here for those that are possibly interested. If you are,
I'd contact Mike Hardy @ Traxxion. (mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Gijs
- --
afterburn <at> vfr750 <dot> com
http://www.vfr750.com
VFR750FV

Inline 4's whine, V4's growl. How do you want to live you life?