[ST] Fogging visors AND Police chases

phsammut@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Well, my ride in to work this morning was a bit chilly  ( 24deg. F or minus
> 5 deg celcius) and my biggest problem was not keeping warm, but fogging of
> my helmet shield.  Anybody know of an anti-fog substance that really works
> at these temperatures?

On other lists people have been very happy with

http://www.progressiveconcept.com.sg/respromotorracin.html

They can be purchased in several places from what I understand. I do
intend on getting one myself.

> On a different note, and a corollary to my previous rants about (lack of)
> punishment for car/bike collision deaths, there was a shocking case in the
> town where I live (Omaha, Nebraska) last summer.  A young a**hole stole an
> SUV and was chased by cops.  He drove through town at speeds of 90 to
> 100mph and mowed down 2 motorcyclists stopped at a light and killed all 3
> people aboard.  Well, yesterday he was sentenced to 32 - 45 years in jail.
> Some satisfaction, I suppose.  Of course this brings up the issue of what
> in hell are the police doing risking innocent lives to chase through cities
> after a stolen car .......

Simple, if thieves new they where home free if they get the car stolen
vehicle moving there would be a lot less risk in the theft, thus less
deterrent.

At least that argument could be said.

In the end, this ranks right up there with any other debate, significant
pros and cons on both sides of the very thin fence.

cheers,
Tom

- --
Thomas Emberson