[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #684

> Well, my ride in to work this morning was a bit chilly  ( 24deg. F or
> minus
> 5 deg celcius) and my biggest problem was not keeping warm, but fogging of
> my helmet shield.  Anybody know of an anti-fog substance that really works
> at these temperatures?

I've tried lots of different kinds of anti-fog products, including Never
Fog, Fog Clear, Zooke etc., and they all do the same thing.   Maybe I'm a
heavy breather or something, but they work fine at first, then a layer of
clear condensation forms on the inside until I can't see anything.  I always
have to ride with my faceshield cracked open a little.  I have used a Fog
City shield, and it works, but I prefer not to have the extra layer to look
through.  I recently bought some of this stuff, and tried it on a cold,
foggy Oregon morning.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/fogtech/
It was a little tricky to apply correctly, but once I got it on there  I
could leave my faceshield closed at a stoplight, ogle the spandex-clad
bicycle guys along the road, and still no fog!

Nancy in Portland
02' Triumph Sprint ST  35K
95' Yamaha YZF600  96K
88' Yamaha YSR50  lots of laps