Re: [ST] Fuel Life

On 20 Dec 2004, at 16:33, Neil Lindsey wrote:

> fuel stabilizer, which prevents varnish deposits that would otherwise
> clog carbs and fuel injectors, is usually almost 100% methyl hydrate

That is so strange - I have never ever heard of such stuff: maybe we
have different grade fuel in the UK.  Is it widely used?  I vaguely
remember fuel treatments such as STP were popular in the UK in the
1970s, along with something called Redex, but I thought they were meant
to be primarily upper cylinder lubricants.  As far as I am aware now a
minority sport here, whatever they were for.

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie