RE: [ST] Heated Grip Relay

Randy,

Mine went bad about 6 months after I bought the bike (I had them installed
when I bought the bike).  The dealer replaced it under warranty (obviously,
this doesn't work in your case).

They commented that the casing for the relay isn't sealed at all, and will
collect water quite readily, rusting out the innards and causing failure
pretty quickly.  It seems like they are replacing quite a few of these.

When they installed the new relay for me (had to special order from Triumph
UK), they ran a bead of sealant around it to keep it from happening again.
I'd recommend the same with your replacement relay.

  - Dave