Re: [ST] Fw: RiDE calling ST-owning web gurus called Mike Bostock

On 22 Dec 2004, at 11:31, iPat wrote:

> which ones actually make a difference?

#1 best buy has to be the Scott Oiler - I have no idea why it isn't
fitted as standard equipment.  Wonderful thing.
#2 probably panniers (for utility - see note below tho)
#3 heated grips

All rest are good / useful and form a colletive 4th place.  Not sure
I'd add the front mudguard extension or the odd carbon fibre tank
stickery thing (do they have a name?) which don't appear to do anything
functionally useful, or get the bike cover (it doesn't fit if you put
panniers on...) or the pannier liners (v.expensive for what you get).
And if it was my money I'd probably buy panniers that work than the
original Triumph equipment ones, which have irritating design features
(like lots of key slots, and not being waterproof) that other firms
solved long ago.  I hear Givi do a good set that fit for less money
than Triumph charge(d).  Oh and some odd carbon-fibre effect stickers
that are near the key slot (presumably to protect surround from key
fob?) also seems pretty pointless.

Good luck with ebay.  Worked well for me ;)

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03