[ST] RE: Clutch conversion

<<
Ok, does anyone know of any hydraulic clutch conversions for our bikes? I
absolutely hate the cable pull. It seems to lose it's adjustment after only
a few days of riding. I also get heavy gear changes, and when cold, hell if
I am able to find neutral. I am assuming the lack of pull is partial cause
of this. I had a new cable installed a couple months back, the old one was
beginning to fray after only 6k miles.

The shop tried to fit a "Yamaha" clutch handle and mount, but there was not
enough room. They said it was a common conversion for the Daytonas, but it
was still cable operated.

If anyone has advice, other than "Live with it", please share. -0

Derek

I haven't heard of a hydraulic conversion either.  I'd be interested in know
what year your bike is, and how many miles are on it.  I've had 2 Sprint
ST's, a '99 and now an '02.  The pre-02 were a rather hard shifting box for
the first, oh, 10k miles.  I'd also like to know what leads you to believe
your not keeping adjustment, does the engaugement point wander?  And how
"more pull" will help that?  Can't say that I've heard of this Yamaha
conversion either.  Different shaped lever?

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen