RE: [ST] RE: Clutch conversion

Derek,

Can't help you with the pull on the clutch.  After getting off the R90, the
ST is childs play  :-).  However, the Sprints are very sensitive to the
clutch freeplay adjustment.   I'm not sure what you are saying when you
have long travel before the clutch engages.  If I'm reading it right,
that's how it's supposed to be.

The freeplay on the clutch should be set to .4mm to .8mm - yes that is a
decimal before the number - at the clutch lever so the clutch should fully
engage just at the last little bit of letting the clutch out (away from the
bar).  This is how it's supposed to be.  If you have too much freeplay in
the clutch, you will get a clunkier shift and have more difficulty getting
it into neutral.

As others have said, the shifting is pretty smooth by 10,000miles.  Until
then preload the shifter with your foot, then pull in the clutch and make
very positive shifts.

Let us know if you find a hydraulic conversion.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico
www.danwallander.com
Triumph Sprint ST :: BMW R90/6