Re: [ST] New Member

Hey Steve,

No offense taken; it's obviously about preference.  But, I WAS asked.

It seems like Ducati has quit using the SSSA on many of their bikes.
Still, the SSSA is heavier and makes no sense to an engineer (see
another reply).

For the practical street bike, the DSSA doesn't have to deal with the
moments, so the wheel and swing arm bearings are more lightly loaded and
less likely to wear prematurely, or suffer a recall.  ;-)

John Albright
'02 RS