From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
NFerr95001@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 9:44 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Re: Shifting

In a message dated 2/2/2004 1:03:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just as another data point on this, not all Sprints shift
well after 10,000 miles.  My RS _never_ shifted smoothly,
even after 35,000 miles; preloading the shifter helped, but
it was still a clunky transmission.  By comparison, my
Blackbird shifted smoother the day I drove it away from the
dealer with 0 miles on it than the Sprint ever did.

- - -Keith

Yup, one of the main reasons I sold my 2000 RS was that I absolutely hated
the clunky shifting and the heavy clutch pull. This was after getting a new
cable and after 13,000 miles.  There was a lot I loved about the bike but
the tranny and clutch feel were awful.

Nick