Re: [ST] New Member

- -----Original Message-----
From: Colt45 <colt4530@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 February 2004 06:44
Subject: Re: [ST] New Member

>If the rear wheel applies a moment to the SSSA, what resists that
>moment?  Specifically, what keeps the wheel's axle from rotating CCW
>looking from the rear?

I agree John, a reaction force acting through the poor old swing arm
bearings, which with a SSSA (Somewhat Suspect Styling Accessory ?) have to
cope with torque about the longitudinal axis of the bike as well as torque
through the vertical axis due to the chain tension.
The marketing men who came up with the SSSA as a good idea on a road bike
should be volunteered for the 1st trip to Mars using a ship engineered using
similar design principles, although I guess it would struggle to leave Earth
Jez