[ST] gps questions

I know this topic has been hashed over a few times
here on this list, but at least I'm not bringing up
oil, insurance, octane ratings, or any of the other
usuals we participate in when we northerners are all
trying to find SOMETHING motorcycle-related to occupy
our time while our rides are cooped up in the garage.

I'm looking to pick up a gps, and here's the features
I'm looking for:
*Ability to specify a route (not just
start/destination)
*Ability of the unit/solution to calculate a route
back to my specified route should i get off course
*voice prompt via headset in my helmet to avoid having
to look at a screen while moving.
*Ability to store info for a few states at a time
*Suitable for use on bike or in cage

Most of these featuers are mainly to tickle the geek
gland.  A buddy and me are always trying to one-up
each other in geek toys (been doing that since
college), and this would be one thing that would get
me closer to the lead again.

I've already had suggested to me the package by Tomtom
that includes an iPaq, GPS receiver and their
software.  It fulfills my requirements, but I'm woried
about battery life, especially since it seems to be
designed to use bluetooth between the gps and the pda.
 This seems to me that it would chew up the battery.
Or, I could rig up a way to connect it to the acess
plug on the bike (dont have any electrics, so I may as
well find SOMETHING to plug into that outlet).

I've been looking at the Garmin StreetPilot III
Deluxe, it's about the same price as the Tomtom
package and is nicely contained in 1 unit.  I just
dont know if it (or any other product) fit my desires.

I'd prefer a single unit, just for the ease of
'installing' it on the bike, I dont have to worry
about a cable running from gps to pda, or bluetooth
range/signal, plus it's just easier to manage.  I
probably wouldnt use the pda for anything else (I've
had two or three before), otherwise I would just get
tomtom and be done with it.

If anyone has any suggestions, please dont hesitate to
let me know.