Re: [ST] Swingarm Spool for RS to fit "Quick Stand?"

- ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C3EA8E.5B296140

"Ken M." wrote:
<snip>
> Either I lever the bike up on the side stand and
> have a friend lube the chain. . . <snip>

A Speed Triple-riding friend has a piece of wood dowel which, when
positioned under the right side of the frame near the front of the
swingarm, is long enough to hold the rear wheel off the ground as Ken
describes above.  There's a piece of stiff wire at one end that hooks
over the frame so when the bike is levered up onto the side stand, the
dowel hangs from the frame in the correct position.  When used in
conjunction with a strap or bungee cord holding on the front brake,
the bike is quite stable and one person can easilly spin the wheel and
lube the chain.
- --
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

- ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C3EA8E.5B296140

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>"Ken M." wrote:<BR>&lt;snip&gt;<BR>&gt; Either I lever the bike up =
on the=20
side stand and<BR>&gt; have a friend lube the chain. . . =
&lt;snip&gt;<BR><BR>A=20
Speed Triple-riding friend has a piece of wood dowel which, =
when<BR>positioned=20
under the right side of the frame near the front of the<BR>swingarm, is =
long=20
enough to hold the rear wheel off the ground as Ken<BR>describes =
above.&nbsp;=20
There's a piece of stiff wire at one end that hooks<BR>over the frame so =
when=20
the bike is levered up onto the side stand, the<BR>dowel hangs from the =
frame in=20
the correct position.&nbsp; When used in<BR>conjunction with a strap or =
bungee=20
cord holding on the front brake,<BR>the bike is quite stable and one =
person can=20
easilly spin the wheel and<BR>lube the chain.<BR>--<BR>Rick in =
Oregon<BR>'01=20
Sprint ST<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01C3EA8E.5B296140--