[ST] Raingear

OhMygod, and actual useful thread!!!!  :))))

Here is my 2 centavos.....

I'm in Tejas, it's hot, most of the time, but damn cold at other times (like
now).  I have three, or four, sets of gear, mostly to deal with the heat.
But for wet weather I prefer my Tourmaster Cortec jacket and pants.  They
keep me dry in all but the most treacherous rain.  If things get real bad I
overlay with a full on Tourmaster rainsuit (yeah, its hot and does not
breath, but I stay dry).  There is no such thing as waterproof riding gear,
not if you are dealing with torrential rain, all day.  Trust Me <tm>  You
WILL get wet.

Now, having said that, I ride in full leathers most of the time.  I
waterproof them twice a year and in the occasional thunderstorm, in the
summer, they are fine.  Past that, the rainsuit comes out (usually too
late).  In the HOT, summer I ride in Phoenix gear, with the rainsuit at
hand.  Actually, in 90 - 100+ temps, I just enjoy the rain and it's
wonderfully cooling effect, it never lasts long, then I just dry out. If it
is gonna be an all day affair, then then the tourmaster rainsuit comes back
out.

Maybe it's just me, or the location I live in, but, for me there is no such
thing as "be all" riding gear.  Sure, I've heard that the Aerostich is the
shizznet, but try and wear one of those things, down here at 110 ++ degrees
and tell me you are comfortable.

happy trails,

STeve duncan
eLDonut
dallas, tejas

"many things were left undone, and many things were lost"
(unknown motorcyclist, on the side of the road)