RE: [ST] For those who love stupid criminals

>I've had them fly by my helmet, but a little down and toward closer
>toward me, and it could have hit my neck. When I see people do that
>I really want to follow them and give them a talking to. Most of
>them are just careless and oblivious and I think if they thought
>about it for a minute, they might think twice before launching a
>burning-hot projectile at me.
>
>Am I paranoid, or has this occured to anyone else?

When I was living in the Bay Area I used to see this all the time.
What really gets me is seeing some idiot toss a cigarette along a
road next to a field of dry grass during the summer when there are
already fires raging all over the state (maybe that's the volunteer
firefighter in me speaking out).

In the category of you probably shouldn't try this, I will relate
this story. I was riding in Bay Area traffic on my bike coming to a
stop when a guy in a BMW  a few cars ahead of me tossed his cigarette
out the window. I ended up coming to a stop with the butt right at my
feet, so I leaned over and retrieved it. Then I lane split up to him.

"Nice car you have there. It's a shame it didn't come with a
ashtray." With that I flicked his still burning butt into his car and
continued lane splitting to the front of the line.

Probably not good relations for motorcyclists, but it was fun none-the-less.

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned

End of st-digest V2004 #83