[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #91

I'll chime in on the Tourmaster Cortech three bag setup.  I've ridden with
them for about 20K miles and am pretty satisfied with them.  The front two
straps I hook to the passenger peg brackets.  The rear two straps I loop
around the opposite tail light and pull the back in snug.  The top bag clips
into the lower two side bags and will remain fairly stable, but I do use the
integral bungee cords just as a final safety point.

The bags come with rain covers that will keep everything dry if you're
careful.  I rode through 6 days of heavy rains last spring up to Nova Scotia
and didn't have a problem with water seepage.

The careful part is when using the front straps you create a small air
infiltration point on the front of the bag.  At approx. 80mph on the freeway
this can (will) balloon the rain cover and eventually work it off (in my
case, onto the chain, around the sprocket four times, then spit it out onto
the road).  New ones are $18.00.

I eventually figured out the correct method, unhook the front straps
trusting the top bag's bungees to hold everything in place.  It does.

Other than that it's a well made, fairly inexpensive, set of heavy duty soft
luggage.

Don Payne
00 RS