[ST] RS versus ST

Here is an answer from the motherland by way of Triumph America:

Well, the factory replied to my email telling me that the frame has not
changed with the 2004 RS from previous model years. There was a slight
change to the engine mounting places in 2002 to accommodate the new style
engine, but nothing else was touched.
I noticed a difference in the handling of an RS from my personal ST when I
had the chance to get on an RS. I can't explain why, but I noticed it.
Well I hope this satisfies your questions. Please feel free to contact me
anytime you need to.
Cheers!

Peter J. Carleo
Customer Relations Manager
Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
Phone: (678) 854-2010

IMO, this means that an 04 RS is an RS with SSSA and is not an ST with RS
clocks, plastic and missing center stand.  Then again, it would be a great
bike in either case.
Rod