Re: [ST] bmw R1100S

Matt,
This isn't a road test, but I have a couple of friends with R1100S's and if
you have a real specific question I can pass it on.  What I can tell you is
that I have riden on all day rides with them.  They are very nice bikes.
They will not run off and leave an ST/RS on the straight or curve.   They
definitely run out of fuel a lot sooner.  I think they start looking hard
for a gas station at around 150 miles or so.  IMO, upkeep is a bit higher
for service and they require premium gas, but that doesn't mean they go
belly up if you have to add regular.  I think they are a great bike for long
rides at higher speeds on twistie roads, BUT I wouldn't trade my ST for one.
Rod