From: Auger Pascal [mailto:pauger@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 2:43 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] Time for my first rear tyre

Rich wrote:
> track where the limits are being pushed,  but on the street
> they are all
> close enough that the differences aren't noticed.

Hey Rich. Can't be agree with that.

I noticed many differences between brands following temps (above 30°C or
below 0°C), under rain, on greasy roads, or in reaction of the bike's
weight. Profiles are sometimes different, too.

On the Daytona 1200, for instance, Avons had great grip but were not enough
rigid for the Daytona's weight. the Daytona rocked in high speed curves.
Pirelli GTS were better there, but their round profile were not to my
liking. And they don't last longer.
BT56 were slippery when roads (at least ours) were very hot, especially on
asphalt joints. Dunlops I have tested were too long to take temp in winter.
In conclusion BT 56/57 were the best compromise according to my taste.

Since two years, I ride BT10 on the Dayto and BT20 on the Sprint. They are
similar and I have no surprise about grip changing from one bike to the
other.

If BT010 are far better than BT56, I have not the same conclusions for
BT57/BT020. BT57 last longer than BT020. Grip in every weather condition is
very close.

Pascal Auger
'00 silver Daytona 955
'01 blue Sprint ST