RE: [ST] brake cleaning

Pascal,

Been there, done that.  When I was putting my new tyres back on the bike, I
decided to check/clean the brakes because they seemed soft.  Turned out that
each caliper had the bottom two pistons stuck.  Only the top pistons came
out when brakes were applied.  I tried doing the cleaning thing, but then
decided it would be safer to do a seal job instead.

It's really a piece of cake, not complicated at all and doesn't take any
special tools.  There was some discussion about this back in November.
Here's the place I bought the seal kit from:

***************************
Sprint Manufacturing in the UK
(http://www.sprintmanufacturing.co.uk/price_list.htm) might be able to help
you out. They do (I think) ship overseas, but I don't know how soon you
need the parts. If nothing else they should be able to help with the part
numbers. It's probably worth dropping them an email. On their web site they
list the following (all prices are per caliper):

- -> 4 piston front caliper seal kits £12

It's much cheaper that the OEM seal kit from the dealers, and just as good.

I took picture's of almost everything I did, just never had the time to
write a "how-to".  If you decide to change out the seals, contact me offline
and I'll email you all the pics I have.  I'll also help out with any
question's.

Rich
00 RS
96 RS125