RE: [ST] Was Spare Speedo, now forks and fuel guage.

Steve

Race Tech springs and cartridge emulators are by far the best solution for
the front end.  If you have limited $$$ for this, you can go with a variety
of fork spring replacements.  A very good race tech procedure is on the
Triumphnet site.  Someone else already posted the link.  This article goes
into very great detail about how to do the job.  If you don't have a drill
press for drilling holes in the damper rod, find someone who does.  It will
make the job much easier.  There is no brazing involved.

Since you are going to be replacing the fork seals anyway, I would do the
RT job at the same time as you will need to replace the fork seals again
when you do the RT job.  Race Tech has fork and dust seals for our Sprints.
They are a good deal cheaper than the dealer.

Don't have any good ideas on your gas guage problem.  Many of the early
ST's had gas sender problems (they didn't work properly and many leaked).
You may be experiencing this and the participation of your kickstand would
then be coincidental.  Check your sender wire connections (you've got to
pull the gas tank partly off the bike and it helps to have four hands).
Maybe one of your wires is unplugged?  broken?

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico
www.danwallander.com