[ST] Alarm

? wrote:I have my 04 RS SSSA on order and am trying to figure out how to
keep it after I get it... The triumph alarm struck me as rather pricey at
$475.00/US so I was wondering what alarm were being used.

I've had the Triumph alarm since I got my ST in January 99. Easy install
with just one drilled hole in the tool base for the tilt alert and then
plug in at the taillight area. I like it but I think I only paid around
$325.00 which I thought was expensive. Are you sure on the price?
Here's a little info if you get the Triumph alarm:
1. The alarm only chirps when in the disabled mode. I found this out by
contacting Datatool myself.
2. If you turn the switch on without the bike running and press the circle
and the triangle both simultaneously the alarm goes into disable mode and
chirps to warn you of such.
3. If you let the alarm set and then press the triangle only the alarm goes
into ferry mode and the motion detector
is disabled but the electrical switch and kill functions still are active.
There is no chirp in this mode. The alarm will reset to standard mode by
pressing the circle to disarm the bike and letting the alarm reset or
starting the bike.

How do I know the electrical switch and kill work when in the ferry mode?
Just ask my neighbors when I placed it in ferry mode to wash the bike and
then switch the ignition on to try and start the bike for dry out!

Que Lastima, Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"