[ST] Re: Alarm

Just a note of caution. The dedicated alarm that
Triumph sells you (the Veto Evo) is indeed a fancy
piece of kit in terms of bells and whistles, but it's
also rather temperamental, and very expensive. I had
one fitted to my RS from new, and in the first 2 years
I had to have mine reset twice by the dealer because
the unit 'forgot' the code. Finally, after I let the
bike battery go flat (due to several months off the
road following a big accident) the alarm wouldn't
'reboot' at all after recharging - so I couldn't start
the bike! I would have had to have it shipped to the
dealer, had not my local bike shop shown me how to
bypass and disable the thing! (Which is frighteningly
easy when you know how. I reckon a professional thief
could do it in a few seconds). My main dealer tried
everything to get it working but eventually they just
removed the alarm and threw it away. It's not
warranted. A big waste of money.

I now rely on a cheap fake flashing LED and a good
chain.

Barry
00RS