Re: [ST] Motorcycle Entropy

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 06:56:18AM -0500, Steve Lawler wrote:
> I rode into work this morning. When I went to park the Blue Devil I
> turned the key to the lock position and noticed that the key-lock thingy
> is loose. Upon further inspection I discovered that one of the two bolts
> that come up from underneath is missing and the other is loose. It's a
> little too cold and dark for me to look at it now. I'll have to deal
> with it on my lunch break. On the '01 ST, does anyone happen to know off
> hand what the missing bolt is? Diameter, pitch and length? I would love
> to be able to send my assistant over to the local hardware store and
> pick one up. I don't want to just hand him the bolt that is still in
> there. He's a great guy but he has lost things on me a few times.

IIRC, the socket for the bolt still in there is a 4mm head.  It's
designed to be theft-proof (read: bitch to get out without stripping).
But the threads are standard metric, though I forget what size.  If you
take that last one to a hardware store, you should be able to buy 2
replacements, but maybe with a different head.  To get a like one,
you'll probably have to go Triumph.

Oh yeah, you might also have someone follow you on a ride to see if your
brake/running light flickers on and off.  If so, you have a broken wire
probably inside that switch.

Laters,
Brian
- --