Re: Re: [ST] Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, was Cornering Philosophy

> Why don't we pick a weekend or whatever, I will gladly spend some vacation
> days, and meet up in Elkins, Oakton, MD, Morgantown or some other jumping
> off place and launch into some of the best fun roads in the east?  Wouldn't
> it be nice to see a bunch Sprints on the road rather than packs of HD's?

I had a similar idea over the winter. I called it the West Virginia 1000. I mapped out a route that covers the whole state hitting many of the same roads you mention Rod. My plan was to do a big two-day loop from Wheeling with an overnight in Elkins. 917 miles in two days as I recall. Let me see if I can find my MapPoint route < launches MapPoint...>

Found it! The basic plan is/was:

Start in Wheeling at the 70/40/88 jct (Elm Grove)
88 south to 250
250 south across the state to 220 (or 28)
220 (or 28) north to 33
33 west to 219 (end of day 1 in Elkins)

219 south to 60
60 west to 119
119 north to 33
33 east to 19
19 north to 20
20 west/north? to 7 (near New Martinsville)
7 east to 250
250 north to 88
88 north to Wheeling (END)

Of course there is LOTS of room for tweaking the route, but the idea was to cover as much of 250, 50 and 33 as feasible in two days...

I wasn't thinking of some big formal rally, but more of a "here's the weekend, here's the suggested route, here's where we're staying, just show up and ride" kinda thing.

Garry