[ST] Sprint Deliberations

I've been lurking this list for a short time now and have been reading all the emails about the Sprint ST compared to other MC's like the Aprilia Falco.

I just recently purchased a nice new Red 2001 Sprint ST via an ebay auction (with the hard bags).  Got a great deal on it and as luck had it, it's the same place my brother got his used BMW from.  So I had a good reference on the Sprint.

However, I almost got an Aprilia Futura.  I also looked hard and long at the Ducati ST series and the Multistrada.  I wasn't interested in any of the Jap manufactured sport tourers.  They are nice, but I wanted to get something a little more exclusive.  The Ducati's and the Aprilia's meet this. The Triumph did too.  I thought about the BMW, but I couldn't justify the price I would probably have to pay to the Beemer that I would want.  I also read a number of reviews, and the Triumph was pretty consistent in the upper end of the rankings.