From: Marc Danziger lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:57:12 -0800
To: labiker@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] $120 decision...

OK, I'm playing with the dead speedo on Vixen (00 Sprint ST), and need some
advice.

Went down to the local speedo shop (cool guy, has a new MV and an old one,
his son drives for BMW at places like Le Mans and just sold a nice 916),
and his advice was - given all that data - to replace the drive first, then
bring it to him to take apart. He says that the drive is the root 99% of
the time, and that in his experience it's possible (although I can't
imagine how) that a broken drive would keep the speedo from responding to
the GameBoy.

Local dealer has the drive, for $120.00 - no returns or exchanges on
electrical parts.

Thoughts?

http://mail2web.com/ .