Re: [ST] $120 decision...

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Marc Danziger wrote:

> OK, I'm playing with the dead speedo on Vixen (00 Sprint ST), and need some
> advice.

Heya Marc,

Not sure if you can get into the archives these days or not but this sure
sounds like the problem I had.  Take the front wheel off and take a look
at the sender/sensor/drive assy or whatever it's called.

I'm guessing you'll find that the brown magnetic cylinder that is turned
buy the "ears" on the wheel hub is frozen.  You'll need to "prise" it out
with a screwdriver, one of those angled dental pick tools would really
come in handy though.  Try to be careful not to scratch/gouge things up in
there too bad too.

Once you have the magnet out, clean it all out nicely then lube the
outside of the magnet and/or the inside of the cylinder with some white
lithium grease and reassemble.  Also check those "ears" (tabs) that
engage the magnet to drive it to make sure they aren't bent back or
"flattened" too much to do their job.

If that's it, you just saved $120.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail