RE: [ST] Riding Two Up on the ST

> (biggest
> thing is for your passenger to not fight the turn - just sort of flow
with
> everything).

Years ago my boss in NYC invited us to come spend a few days at his
summer house on Long Island. One of the new lads who lived in Queens had
no way to get there. I offered to take him but explained I was going by
bike (VFR at the time). Even though he had never been on a bike he was
up for it and in fact had a rather big mouth and was saying it would be
no problem. He wanted to just jump on but I explained things to him
first. He got on and seemed quite relaxed until we hit the highway and I
opened it up. He spent most of the rest on the trip holding on tightly
with his head in my back. All was fine until we exited the LIE and came
up to one of the few roundabouts in the area. When in NY I missed
roundabouts so I enthusiastically threw the bike in and the next thing I
know the bike is standing up and going wide! I smack my pillion in the
knee and do my best to throw the bike to the left. Luckily I was not
going very fast and JUST managed to miss the curb. I them pulled over
and had a few words with the pillion. He said he knew he was doing the
wrong thing but just was not comfortable with the leaning.

All my other pillion experiences have been fine and almost all of them
had never been on a bike before.
Rupert