[ST] New bikes, old bikes, upgrades, arg!

Okay, so now that all of you have got me revved up the temps in New England
have dropped into the single digits, as if to say, "Ha-ha young man, don't
even think about two wheels till April."  So, knowing that I won't be riding
for months (ouch) has gotten me thinking about maintenance/upgrades that I'd
like to do when the bike comes out of the shed in the spring.  One, I'd love
it if one of you folks who's got some time on your hands wouldn't mind
putting together a little write up of how to clean the front brake calipers
to remove the dead spot in the lever travel.  I've been toying with the idea
of upgrading the MC but if a cleaning is all she needs maybe I'll race-tech
the front forks instead (wuhoo).  Two, for anyone seriously contemplating an
upgrade from an RS/ST/whatever to a Daytona should give Great Bay a call
(www.greatbaymotorcycles.com) - while at the shop last week I noticed that
they've got a left-over 2002 Daytona.  It's Caspian Blue, has the dual sided
swingarm, 0 miles, full warranty, and could be financed at 3.9% for 48
months.  Best part of it all is that it could be had for under $8000,
probably closer to $7500.  That's an $11,000 bike for cripes sake!  Ahhhh,
must not submit to temptation...

And on the subject of the Raptor Jacket, in my opinion you would be much
better served not getting the black version.  Why buy something that is
meant to keep you cool in a color that is going to be hot?  I got the grey
and loved it while riding across NY this summer in 90deg. heat.  It is
basically the equivalent of wearing a t-shirt that will actually protect you
if you fall.

Anyway, for those of you riding, keep the rubber side down, and for anyone
in my neck of the woods keep the jacket buttoned up.  Forecast for tomorrow,
daytime highs 0 to 5F above with wind chills 25 to 35F BELOW zero, I won't
even discuss nighttime temps.

Nate
00SprintRS