Re: [ST] Customer Input

> to be a serious sport-tourer, we've got to do away with chain maintenance
> every 300-500 miles.  That's the one big complaint I have with the ST
> (sans suspenders of course!) so that ain't bad.

I've had three bikes with shafts and six with chains.  Although I did not
have any problems with my shafts that isn't to say they are absolutely
without problems.  Concours owners need to grease the splines on their final
drive or risk them being eaten up over time.  Usually that is at tire
change.  Not hard, but if you don't, the price is more than that of chain
and sprockets.  With the newer chains most technical arguments pro and con
for either usually become a wash depending on how you ride.  I have not
found chain maintenance to be all that anoying and it is all part of my
pre-flight and post-flight inspections which I believe are conducive to long
term health of both bike and rider.

Just my opinion,
Rod