[ST] Triumph ValMoto announcement.

Everyone may have know this already but thought I'd post it anyway.
Sorry if it has already been covered.
Que Lastima, Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

- ----- Forwarded by Jack Hays/US/Raytheon on 01/15/2004 02:14 PM -----

Triumph ValMoto announcement

Triumph ValMoto will not be competing in the 2004 Isle of Man TT races.

Last year's victory in the Junior TT proved the Leicestershire
manufacturer's public roads racing credentials, and winning the coveted
manufacturer's award cemented a remarkable achievement. However Triumph
ValMoto's main objective has always been to scale the lofty heights of the
British Supersport Championship. Not to return to the island in 2004 was a
tough decision for Triumph. But, its commitment to the British championship
will mean that all available resources can be devoted to the formidable
task of winning short circuit races.

"Last year's TT win was one of the crowning achievements of my career,"
said Triumph ValMoto Team Manager Jack Valentine. "And the urge to go back
and do it again was very strong. However, the aim of Triumph's racing
programme is to make an impact in the domestic series, and now that the
initial development work is out of the way we have an excellent chance of
challenging for the championship."

 "It's well known that I'm a real public roads racing enthusiast and I hold
the TT close to my heart, but the 2004 British Supersport Championship is
shaping up to be even more demanding than last year. Our first championship
podium at the end of last season was just a taste of things to come and the
Triumph ValMoto Daytona 600 has come on leaps and bounds since then. Now,
with arguably the country's most exciting young prospect Craig Jones signed
for another season, I'm certain that ValMoto can put a Triumph among the
frontrunners on a regular basis."