RE: [ST] Stainless Steel Q-Ds

<SNIP>
Rich

Have you installed these metal q-d fittings on your bike?  And did you do
both sides of the fittings?  The reason I ask is, it seems some people have
found the thread size into the fuel pump plate were problematic.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<SNIP>

Steve,

No, the only fittings I changed were the hose mount ones.  I actually only
had one of the hose fittings leak, but I figured I'd change both.

I asked the shop tech about the fittings that go into the metal plate on the
tank.  He said that the majority of the leaks happen on the plastic hose
fittings.  Reason being is the plastic part that fits into the tank fitting
is what sees most of the stress and eventually cracks.  He's rarely seen the
tank fittings crack and leak.

That statement is generic to any fuel injection m/c and not specifically
Triumph.

So bottom line, I didn't spend the extra money for the tank fittings.  I
trusted his opinion.  Time will tell I guess.

Rich