RE: [ST] Re: Fuel Connector Help

Come on.  That's why an RS or ST is a few thousand less than the
competition.  Why put a $10 metal fitting in when you could use a $0.10
plastic fitting.  Why use Ohlins suspension or better brakes when you can
get away with less and the customer will still buy you product.

Beside's unless the gas hit's a spot that's hot enough you won't pull a
Colin Edwards.  Your chances are better for a skin reaction than to go out
in a blaze of glory ;)

NOTE: The flashpoint of a fuel is the lowest temperature at which it can
form an ignitable vapour in air. At this temperature the vapour may cease to
burn when the source of ignition is removed. A slightly higher temperature,
the fire point, is defined at which the vapour continues to burn after being
ignited. Neither of these parameters is related to the temperatures of the
ignition source or of the burning fuel, which are much higher.

*Gasoline: **Flash point: < 45ºC **Autoignition temperature: 246ºC
As far as keeping the warranty valid by going to a "qualified Triumph
mechanic" is BS.  I had my RS serviced at a much better local shop than a
dealer, and although I didn't have many warranty issues; the ones I did have
were covered just fine.  BUT I did need to go to a dealer, instead of my
local shop, to have the warranty work done which didn't matter because it
was free anyway.

Now if the non-"qualified Triumph mechanic" screws something up that's
another story.  You could try to sneak it into a dealer and not tell them
the story and try to slide it past the warranty police.  But if they catch
the neglect/screw-up you're hosed.  That's really the only risk you'll run
by bringing it somewhere else.