Re: [ST] How often do you change your oil? / econoline

>But your old econoline was a V8 , I'll wager, and I doubt it rev'ed to
9000 rpms's :-)  <

actually, no. that '83 Econoline was the only car i ever bought new, and
only because i couldn't find the drive train i wanted in a used van. 300ci
six cylinder [even lower rpm than the V8], overdrive 4-spd [on the floor],
tallest rear axle ratio they offered, optional larger tires - built for
the flatlands. low rpm = long life. it got 20+mpg at 63mph, it's 'sweet
spot', and i sold it into slavery - rather, it went in to commercial
service AFTER my 320,000+ miles of use. one throwout bearing [did the
whole clutch assy then], another clutch, one starter, one power steering
pump, one change of belts, one water pump. lotsa brake pads and
universals.

it slept four, hauled two bikes inside, and was a family mule and delivery
truck for more than a decade. Sunday mornings when the wife went to
church, i was heading for the dirt with my son. in order to keep him from
eternal damnation [too late for me], on the way to the dirt we had The
Sermons of St. Econoline - inspirational talks about life. great times.

cheers
bp