Re: [ST] Dunlop sport touring tire comments

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 01:35:30AM -0400, Ken Mitchell wrote:
> I put a set of Michelin Pilot Road on my RS a week ago, after 3 sets
> of BT-020 Bridgestones and 5 rear Metzler Sportec M-1, 2 fronts. It's
> early to esitmate mileage, but these are reported to be a 7-10K tire.
> I needed more mileage than the sticky M-1's, as I'm starting to ride
> to work, a 54 mile commute that's mostly on the highway (Mas Turnpike
> is a toll road, so I can't say "freeway".)
>
> After a weekend in the mountains of Vermont, wicking it up at a pace
> equal to anything I'd done on the Sportec's, I can say I'm VERY
> impressed! A very smooth profile, neutral steering. They warm up
> quickly, but never get as hot as the M-1's do. Still, they never gve
> me anything but the utmost confidence, and I did get caught in a
> virtual monsoon at one point.

I will concur on the Pilot Roads.  I only ran Dunlops (207, 205, 220),
on the Sprint, and then dallied with 'Stones (010 and 020's) on the VFR
before switching to PR's front and rear.

I'm really liking them.  I like a neutral profile, and these are that.
Grip seems very good so far.  With the monsoons we've had here, I've
done hundreds of commuting miles in them already, and they are awesome
in the wet.

Laters,
Brian
- --