Re[2]: [ST] Dunlop sport touring tire comments

Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 10:48:39 PM, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I will concur on the Pilot Roads.  I only ran Dunlops (207,
> 205, 220), on the Sprint, and then dallied with 'Stones (010
> and 020's) on the VFR before switching to PR's front and rear.

I've been hear good things about the PRs, too, however in January
I took Pirelli up on the "buy a rear Diablo and get a front for
free" deal.  The OEM Macadam 90Xs on the Blackbird finally wore
out a couple of weeks back, so I had the Diablos mounted.  I have
to say that, with about 600 miles on them, I'm very impressed
with the profile and grip; much too early to say anything about
the wear characteristics, of course.

I'd certainly never recommend the Macadams; they are very vague
in their handling and grip wore out surprisingly fast for a sport
touring tire (~5500 miles for the front).  They were also odd in
that the front wore out much before the rear; I've never had that
occur on a sporty bike before; perhaps the weight bias on the
'bird is less even than it was on the Sprint.

- -Keith
'03 Blackbird