[ST] Re: Need rib fracture advice, please

Hi Janice

I wouldn't worry too much about him sleeping a lot.
When I last bust a load of ribs I soon discovered the
only 'cure' was to do as little as possible! Anything
that makes you even breathe harder increases the pain.
Plus I kept popping distalgesics, which kept the pain
bearable but also made me rather dreamy and sleepy.
Also the healing process itself I think diverts energy
away from normal activities. Can I ask how old he is?
I first bust ribs in my 20s and they mended real fast,
but last time (at 48) it took weeks.

Once the loose ends of bone start to knit (rather than
grating against each other, yeuch) it rapidly gets
better.

Barry