RE: [ST] Oil Leak

<<
A short while ago someone mentioned an oil leak around the countershaft
sprocket seal.  I think I have one.  Mine seems to be super slow with a few
drops showing on the garage floor every once in a while.  Anyone
experiencing the same problem, would you please fill me in on how yours
behaved.  Did anyone get it fixed under warrantee?

Hi Rod,

That was me; it kept leaking slowly from the plastic sprocket cover.  They
did fix it under warrantee, and it hasn't leaked since.

Note that your sprocket cover is prone to collecting chain lube (since the
sprocket forces the chain to change direction quickly) and dripping it on
the floor as well.  Chain lube winds up being a very sticky, and dark black
(even if you use a clear chain lube like I do).

Any oil that drips will be lighter in color and less sticky.

Hope this helps,
  - Dave

http://mail2web.com/ .