RE: [ST] Introduction and newbie questions

Thanks to one and all for the responses and warm welcomes!

Sounds like a unanimous yes on the Skyking frame sliders.

When I was asking about parts I meant Triumph branded parts ie: to do my
own work on the bike, rather than aftermarket add-ons. For sure Lilley
and Sky-King look good for the add-ons. I didn't even realize AZM did
Triumph, but I have had many dealings with them on the VFR (they give a
10% discount if you are on the VFR list) and was happy, so they are
probably a winner for getting OEM parts, but I'll check out Great Bay
Triumph as well.

I've got another question too - when I was riding the bike back to my
uncle's place, on the freeway at about 70mph I noticed that the front end
seemed a bit squirrely - like one would expect from a scooter with a
smaller diameter tyre, although not that dramatic. I am coming
from an old VFR, and I knew to expect a faster, lighter turn-in and a
lighter feeling to the bike overall and that was very pleasant. But the
straight-line freeway driving instability was a little unnerving even
though it was not very much. Could it be worn head bearings? Or the wheels
out of alignment?

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Heyer, Matthew A. wrote:

> Q7: Does anyone in the neighborhood (Seattle area) have a Pipeline underseat
> exhaust that I could listen to?
<snip>

> I had the PowerMax Underseat exhaust on my '01 Sprint.  With the exchange
> rate (you'll have to check again for a more recent rate), it wasn't saving
> me all that much money to go with Pipeline.  Plus, when I inquired with
> Phil(? I think that was his name), he was no longer making any more Pipeline
> exhausts.  Additionally, the setup and looks are virtually identical, but
> the Powermax was better build quality all through (mild steel vs.
> stainless).  I thought the sound was absolutely AWESOME, and so did most
> everyone else I rode with.  It's louder than a Triumph Performance Can, but
> I still didn't think it was obnoxious.

Current exchange rates are not so favorable as when the "Accessories"
webpage was created - an online converter gives me $1000.00 AUD = $722 US.
I guess it isn't even an issue if Pipeline exhausts aren't being made
anyway.

It sounds like the Powermax is a first rate product, but at $1300 it will
take a little more consideration than $500.

I notice now that I look that Wolf has quiet baffles available, although
it specifically mentions that to use it with hard luggage requires
"modifications."

Let me revise that request to anyone with a Powermax or Wolf underseat in
the Seattle area I'd love to hear it sometime.

Paul