[ST] Riding Protection

To make a long story short, after my high side I decided to design impact/shock absorbing under garments - specifically that which protects the buttocks.

I did a search for "shock absorbing material" looking for a material to use.  Lo and behold I stumbled upon a website that already markets such protective gear.  The shock absorbing properties look real good.  The energy transmitted through to the body seem reasonable for the application.

I wanted to share this with all my fellow riders because it is important to protect ourselves.  Let's face it, it's not a matter of if but when something is going to go wrong.  The more protection we have the better our chances of riding again.

After reading about the properties of the garments and knowing how my crash transpired, I know that my injury wouldn't have been as bad as it was were I wearing this at the time of impact.  Unfortunately I didn't know about this then.  But, hind sight is always 20/20 eh?.

Here's the link: http://www.johnsonleather.com/armor/

If it could help just one person avoid the unpleasant experience I felt, this post is worth it.  Keep on riding and keep the shiny side up.

Rich